A fun-filled event May 4th!
To celebrate June as Leave No Child Inside month, the second annual Barrington Area Kid Fest—a fun-filled event combining the 12th annual Community Kite Fly and 3rd annual Family Nature Fest—will be Saturday, May 4, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Citizens Park, 511 Lake Zurich Road (at Route 14) in Barrington, Illinois.
Enjoy a wide assortment of exciting recreational and educational activities designed for families to get outside with nature, have fun, and get fit!
Oh, and did I mention to come and enjoy the kite flying?
- Tree climbing with the Care of Trees
- Archery with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Learning about mammals with Citizens for Conservation
- Team course and street striders with the Barrington Park District
- Larger than life weaving with the Barrington Cultural Arts Center
- Crafts with the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois
- Bug-a-palooza with the Forest Preserve District of Cook County/Crabtree Nature Center
- Slack-lining with erehwon
- Butterfly habitats with Barrington Hills Montessori School
- Cub Scout fun with the Boy Scouts of America
- Speed and agility training with Davis Speed Centers
- Living with wildlife with Fox Valley Rehabilitation Center
- “Leave No Trace” with L.L. Bean
- Mighty oak note cards with the South Barrington Conservancy
- Pond critter collecting with the Lake County Forest Preserve
- Foreign language games with Language Stars
- Bike safety checks with Village Cycle Sport
….and much more
While you’re there, enjoy some delicious food for purchase, check out the raffle, and celebrate spring outside!
If inclement weather occurs, the event will be rescheduled to Sunday, May 5, at the same time and location.
This family-oriented event is hosted by the Barrington Breakfast Rotary Club, the Barrington Park District, and Leave No Child Inside of the Greater Barrington and Lake Zurich Area, three community-oriented and non-profit organizations.
For additional information or for more ideas how to enjoy nature with your family, visit the Barrington Breakfast Rotary at www.barringtonbreakfastrotary.org, the Barrington Park District at www.barringtonparkdistrict.org, or Leave No Child Inside at www.funoutside.org.
Filed under: education, environment, family, health + safety, insects + animals, kids, special events | Tagged: activities, barringon, children, festival, fly kites, fun, illinois, kids, kite flying, lake county, leave no kid inside, nature, outdoors |